SPECIAL MESSAGE: The Offies 2021 Awards Ceremony is on Sunday 21 February from 7pm. It is FREE to watch via Scenesaver – you just need to register in advance. For more details, click HERE.
The Offies family of awards recognise and celebrate the excellence, innovation and ingenuity of independent, alternative & fringe theatres. The current full range of Offies awards is as follows:
- The full-run Offies – our flagship awards, for shows with 10 performances or more
- The Offies People’s Vote, for audiences to recognise their favourite theatre venue
- The OffComm, which is an Offies Commendation for short run shows – normally at least 4 performances, but during the Covid-19 lockdown this has been reduced to at least 3
- The OffFest, which is an Offies Commendation for theatre in festivals – for example, the Camden Festival or the Voila Europe festival.
- The OnComm, which is an Offies Commendation for online shows, which was introduced early on during the Covid-19 pandemic
- The OneOff, which recognises outstanding achievements in independent, fringe & alternative theatre.
There is now a separate website for all the Offies awards – www.offies.london. This includes:
- For the Offies: a database of all nominations since 2010; images (on the homepage) of the most recent nominations; a listing of the nominations for the current year (and for previous years). There is also detailed information on how to submit a show, including eligibility criteria, a list of eligible venues and details of all Offies categories.
- Separate pages for all the other awards: People’s Vote, OffComm, OffFest, OnComm and OneOff, with information on eligibility criteria, and winners to date.
- Information on the annual Offies Awards ceremony, including images from previous events
- Information about becoming an Offies assessor.
All Offies awards cover a calendar year. For some awards (e.g. the Offies and OffFest) finalists will be selected from the nominees and announced in the January immediately following the end of the calendar year, and then the winners will be announced at the Offies awards ceremony, which is held in February or March.
The point of these awards – as with everything we do at OffWestEnd.com – is to help raise the profile and status of independent, alternative & fringe theatres & companies by giving them greater power to promote their work individually and collectively and to reward the new talent that they nurture and that is essential to the future of our theatre industry.
For more information on the various Offies awards, please click on the relevant link below:
If you have any queries about any of the Offies awards, please contact Geoffrey Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org